Monday, October 5, 2009

Canada Corner Unveiled....

I was wondering the streets of my fair city on the weekend, enjoying the beautiful fall weather and the fact that the purple slip I bought years ago can still double as a skirt and looked fabulous with my amazing new grey boots...... sorry so completely off topic I know. But important no?

Anyway, I was strolling along debating a little side-trip to HMV on they way home, when a little something on the corner of Georgia and Howe caught my eye. Or should I say, the largest Canadian Flag ever made caught my eye.


Hidden behind this 32 metres high and 64 metres wide Canadian flag is the iconic Hotel Georgia which is currently under renovations, and will be completed by the end of next year. The president of the development company - Bruce Langereis - is a former Canadian champion freestyle skier from the 1970's. Apparently one of his staff suggested the Maple-leaf.


Hopefully the good folks at VANOC will have no problem with this patriotic little (huge) tribute to our fair land. Oh Canada indeed! Even makes my cold black heart feel a little patriotic about the Olympics. Which, if you know me, is saying something.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment