Friday, January 22, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb!

I am not really a "I must do XYZ before I die" kind of person. I do not have one of those Bucket Lists that Jack and Morgan made a movie about a few years ago. I think it was even called The Bucket List. Anyways, although I am not a Bucket List maker, there are some things I really want to do at some point in my life. Comic-con is one. The South By South West Music Fest is another. TIFF - most definitely up there. Sundance. Oh Sundance. Especially this year.


The Sundance Film Festival is taking place in Park City Utah from now until the end of the month and I so wish I could be there. In spite of the invasion of Sundance by such dubious celebrities as Paris Hilton and Jon Gossellin (WTF?), and the over abundance of gifting lounges, I would still love to go one day. To be around so many small little films that are fighting for an audience. To witness the discovery of a film such as sex lies and videotape or Precious…. Anyways, 2 of the most anticipated films of Sundance star my girl crush Kristen Stewart. While only one of them is in the competition portion of the Festival – Welcome to the Rileys – the other movie – The Runaways – looks pretty damned awesome.

The Runaways makes its big Sundance debut this Sunday in Park City, and we have something that will keep your rocker hearts beating until then: an exclusive first look at the movie's teaser poster. We know, we know: now that you've gotten to see plenty more stills and a clip from the Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning-headlined flick, a "teaser" isn't exactly the sort of juice you're looking for. But…..Behold the full teaser poster above. In case you're scratching your head in wonderment: the fruity explosive device is a nod to The Runaways' famous hit song, "Cherry Bomb," which we saw Kristen rock out to in the teaser trailer

Source

And these stills released a few days ago! Oh la! This movie looks pretty fricking cool. They seem to have the look down perfectly. I can’t wait t see Dakota Fanning as a bad ass sexually adventurous rocker chick. I forget that she is not a baby anymore (well, she is, but she is not 10 years old anymore). I am also thoroughly impressed with Michael Shannon as the smarmy smarmy manager Kim Fowley. Doesn’t he make your skin crawl? Each time I see him in character I feel an overwhelming need to take a shower. *Shudder*
The Runaways premiers over the weekend in Park City, but the rest of us have to wait until March 19th or so to see this movie. Sadly I will be in a place where films do not premier on their opening weekend. :( Not sure when I will get a chance to see it. Hopefully it will still be on in Vancity when I get back from visiting my momma in Tasmania.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment