Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lost > Obama?

The final season of one of the most mind bendy shows I have ever watched is this year. Tear. February 2nd. Season premiere of Lost. Do not call, text or even tweet me. Lost has the talking stick. There was a horrible rumour that Obama was going to do his State of the Union address that night - potentially preempting one of the most highly anticipated season premier's ever. I am in Canada. I get to watch Lost on either Canadian or US channels. So this would not really affect me. Sorry any US readers, that is not a "suck it USA" statement. It is just a true fact ;)

Anyways, word from the White House press secretary - who was questioned by an ABC reporter during one of the White House Daily Press Briefings is that this is not gonna happen. When asked point blank by a reporter from ABC News, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs response was, "I don't foresee a scenario in which millions people who hope to finally get some conclusion with Lost are preempted by the president."

Is this just a case of Obama being a secret fan of the show and not wanting to miss out on finding out WTF is up with John Locke being both dead and alive - which spun me right round baby.... right round.... like a record baby? He's the President of the Free World. Couldn't he call up Executive Producers Carlton Cuse or Damon Lindeloff and "ask" for a screener? More importantly, wouldn't the White House be equipped with at least one Tivo? You would think.


Regardless, I am glad that all is right with the world and we can all go through the looking glass to the Island of Lost together. For the last season. Boo. I am both happy and sad. We better get some answers boys. Or there will be a problem.

For those of you who have not watched Lost, above is a handy dandy 8.15 minute recap of the first five seasons. Or call me and I can lend you all five seasons on DVD. Cause it is that awesome.

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment