Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year Mother F*ckers

I typically do not celebrate organised holidays. Christmas, Valentines Day, Canada Day, Australia Day, New Years Eve, Thanksgiving. Pick a holiday and I will not celebrate it with you. I have many pretentious reasons for not partying hard on these days - too commercial, why do you need one day to be thankful, tell someone you love them, celebrate the birth of someone you are pretty sure does not exist..... you get the point. Specifically for New Years, rarely does it live up to the hype.


This year specifically I had no interest in being out amongst the masses. The past few weeks have been pretty crappy in my real life, and although I am doing my best to stay positive, the dark and gloomy is where my mind goes 99.9% of the time. To "celebrate" the end of the decade, I chose instead to stay at home with my new monkey slippers, a bottle of Stump Jump and John McClane.





Die Hard, Die Harder and Die Hard: With a Vengeance. Nothing like ringing in the New Year with Bruce Willis blowing sh*t up. Yippe-kay-yay Mother F*ckers.



Here's hoping that the start of 2010 brings good news to my world. Next week we get news that will either be satisfactory or really really really bad. Send good thoughts! All snark and cynical bitchiness aside, I wish everyone all the best for 2010. May everything you wish for come true!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment