Monday, December 14, 2009

Have you seen my Christmas tree?

Yea. I said it. It's a Christmas tree Mother f*ckers. Not a Holiday Tree. A Christmas Tree. Deal with my truth. Not that I am even known as a Christmasy person. Most people who know me outside of this wee blog would even go so far as to say I am rather grinchy. I could argue the point that I am technically not anti-Christmas, instead I am just indifferent, but I just can't be bothered.

But is my Christmas tree not the most magnificent tree you have seen short of the one at Rockerfeller Centre in NYC? So pretty, so many LED lights, no presents yet, but I have my fingers crossed!! I have been a very good girl this year! Or at least have kept any of my own transgressions very much on the down low.
So maybe this tree isn't technically mine. But the good folks at Amacon, a Vancouver based realty company have said that this tree is for the city of Vancouver. I live in the city, I pay property taxes through rent, I am just as much entitled to claim this tree as mine as anyone else right? For the third year in a row, in lieu of a staff Holiday Party, Amacon has donated a massive Christmas tree that stands on the Georgia Street lawn of the Vancouver Art Gallery.
Amacon uses this as a fundraiser for a variety of Metro Vancouver charities. Elvis Costello and Diana Krall even came to light my tree last week! No singing, cause I wasn't there. I am sure if I had been able to go, they would have belted out a few tunes. I think this is so completely admirable for a company to do this. Our staff Christmas party involves 2 hours in our offices with a few bottles of wine... So I think the best we could do is maybe a fake tree from the Dollar Store.
Feel free to leave me a little something under the tree. I am on your nice list right?
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment