Monday, December 14, 2009

Music Monday: From my Keyboard to your I-Pod

I have been so wrapped up in a Brett Dennen - Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - Lady Gaga haze for the last few weeks that I have been neglecting some of the others on my Playlists. I am such a bad girlfriend I know.

This weeks instalment is courtesy of a friend of mine who knows my deep and abiding love for music. I saw her briefly at a work function and she mentioned this amazing band to me. Told me I would love them. She then emailed me the entire CD to my work account, which was fine except it was about 80 MB! Eek.

I had to email each song to one of my personal accounts individually as I couldn't get more than one to go through at a time. So totally and completely worth it though. The band is The XX. From the UK, this is an uber cool group of kids who write about love and loss - all with a kicky synthesised beat. I heart them. A lot. They may be touring here next year. Sometime in April. Weeeeee!


They remind me a titch of Miike Snow, who I adore and saw a few months ago. They too are touring next year. In April. Sigh. I can already tell that 2010 is gonna be a hot and heavy year for me and my boyfriend - music. Do you know him? He is dreamy. And I am his eternal slave. Forever and always.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment