Sunday, November 22, 2009

Confessions of a Music Lovers I-Pod

Trying to get back on track with this here little musical interlude.

For those of you new to this game, "shuffle all" your i-pod and write down the first 15 songs that come up. No cheating! Unless artists show up more than once :)

1. The Replacements: Talent Show
2. Adele: Cold Shoulder
3: Robert Pattinson: To Roam (he he he)
4. The Smiths: Girlfriend in a Coma (weird coincidence - I am reading Douglas Copeland's book of the same name right now!)
5. She & Him: I Should Have Known Better
6. Cast of Spring Awakening: My Junk (with Lea Michelle from Glee!)
7. Joshua Radin: Friend Like You
8. George Harrison: What is Life
9. Lily Allen: The Fear
10: Nirvana: Polly
11. Monsters of Folk: Slow Down Joe
12. Mika: Grace Kelly
13. The Filthy Youth: Come Flash All Your Ladies (Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl's band)
14. Regina Spektor: Begin to Hope
15. Damien Rice: Sweet Avenue

Well there you have it. Anything new and exciting for you to scope out? Hit me up with some suggestions.

Although they didn't show up on this 15 I am throwing out a special mention to Bon Iver. Kristen Stewart was on Jimmy Fallon this week and mentioned them (I think they are on the soundtrack?) and she specifically mentioned an amazing acapella version of For Emma done in the hallway of a venue somewhere in Paris. I had heard it before, but forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder Kristen! I was supposed to see Bon Iver at the Sasquatch festival earlier this year, but they were 20 minutes late and I got peeved and went back to The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.



And yes I kinda regret it as I saw the Yeah X3 again at Bumbershoot a few months later.

PS: Julian Casablancas tomorrow night at The Commodore! Very excited. It has been like 2 weeks since I have seen a live show!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment