Friday, September 4, 2009

Chris Brown versus the mighty mighty Oprah

Any of you that know me in the real world, know that I am not really a fan of Oprah Winfrey. I acknowledge that she does a lot of good in the world, that she gives and inspires and motivates and challenges and blah blah blah........

But she seems determined to pretend that she is still "just like us" - which she isn't, and hasn't been for oh, about 20 years or so. She also name drops her celebrity friends at every turn. Which I find kind of insufferable. I just find the whole Oprah thing a little too much. But I have to admit that I am softening on my old age.

Especially when Oprah did her show on domestic violence after Chris Brown beat the crap out of his girlfriend. When he choked her and bit her and tried to push her out of a moving vehicle and punched her repeatedly. I didn't watch the whole episode, cause Tyra was on it and Oprah and wanna-be-Oprah for a whole hour is just far to much for me to handle.

After comparing his relationship with ex-girlfriend Rhianna to Romeo & Juliet on Larry King, Brown has gone on to comment on the mighty mighty Oprah's decision to devote a show to dating violence following Brown beating the crap out of his girlfriend. According to TMZ, in an interview with people.com "I commend Oprah on being like ‘This is a problem,’ but it was a slap in my face. I did a lot of stuff for her, like going to Africa and performing for her school. She could have been more helpful, like, ‘Okay, I’m going to help both of these people out.”


Sigh. I won't even comment on his incredibly poor choice of words, considering he had just, you know, slapped his girlfriend in the face. I actually am not going to comment on this at all. I think I will let the Mighty Mighty Oprah's response speak for itself.

"Oprah is very appreciative that Chris Brown performed at her school but she takes domestic abuse very seriously. She hopes he gets the counseling he needs."

Burn baby burn. Oprah could have been your friend. She could have single-handedly saved your reputation. You could have gone on Oprah, cried, answered some questions and come out looking like a repentant young man who has learnt his lesson. But you f*cked that up Chris. What the f*ck does the mighty mighty Oprah owe you? Nothing hon.

Silly silly boy. Don't f*ck with the mighty mighty Oprah. She will ruin you. Do you not remember what she did to James Fry who wrote "A Million Little Pieces" - and all he did was lie to her about being a drug addict. She f*cked him up.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment