Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Zooey Deschanel is a married lady!

Much love and congratulations go out to indie it-girl Zooey Deschanel who married Deathcab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard in Seattle over the weekend. The pair have been engaged for almost a year, and dated since 2007.


Zooey starred in this years summer indie hit "500 Days of Summer" and is also part of the musical collaboration with M.Ward - She & Him. I am a fan of both her acting and singing... her deadpan and slightly sardonic portrayal of characters always impressed me. I always thought she was good, but became a fan since she appeared in season 2 of Weeds as Kat - the quirky (and by quirky, I actually mean crazy) ex-girlfriend Justin Kirk's Andy Botwin.



This is a very low-key couple, few details regarding the ceremony have been released. And I don't expect them to. Hopefully we will get one teeny tiny pic of the happy couple.

Here is Zooey performing as part of She & Him on MTV Canada in July of 2008. Love, love love. I will be seeing M.Ward as part of the Monsters of Folk Concert I am going to in a few weeks. Maybe I will get beyond lucky and Zooey will come and sing a song or two with him... That would make my life.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment