Friday, September 4, 2009

Funerals & Faith

Last night I was trying to find something to watch on TV. I am totally counting down the days until my stories come back on. Next week a few return or start...... only a few more days. yea! Until then I was forced to flick between MJ's funeral on CNN and my absolute favourite Cheerleader movie from the year 2000 - Bring it On.

The funeral was interesting. For a family that claims to want privacy and to be just left alone to grieve, it seems kinda odd that they would have a live feed to the funeral. Of course, I hope that it is simply that they were just controlling access as they cut off the feed when people began speaking. Although the mighty Rev. Al Sharpton found it necessary to tweet throughout the service - nothing too specific, but still...... tacky tacky tacky. I am glad it is finally over and we can start to move on. The man died, what 70 days ago? Well, until they charge someone in his death. F*ck, it will never end will it?


Bring It On was much more entertaining..... I kinda love that movie. It doesn't take itself at all seriously and surprisingly witty. I realised last night that no fewer than three alumni of Buffy the Vampire Slayer are in this film. I had no idea!! Of course, it stars Eliza Dusku - the amazing Faith from Season 3, 4 and 7. I knew that. What I didn't remember was that Clare Kramer, the Big Bad of Season 5 was also one of the Mighty Might Toro's as was Season 3 The Wish victim Nicole Bilderback. Yes I recall one of the victims from a specific episode. The Wish is one of my Top Ten Buffy episodes - to reduce my level of geekdom, Ilet it be known that I did have to Google both the actress' name and that fact that her characters name in Buffy was "Cordette".



Best part of Bring it On is the Mickey montage at the end. Sadness is that I just realised why they did the closing credits to this particular song. Toni Basil, Cheerleader themed video, movie about cheerleaders. Duh! Yea I totally didn't make the connection until just now. And I have seen this movie a few times..... Mock away friends. I deserve it for this one.....Here is about 25 seconds of it that I found on the interweb.



Eliza is back on TV in a few weeks for the second season of the Joss Whedon helmed Dollhouse. As you know, I worship at the altar of Joss. But between you and me, I wasn't too sure about this show when I first watched it. I am soo glad I gave this show a chance and watched it beyond the first few episodes. The second half of season 1 was really good. And Season 2 is shaping up to be awesome with Jamie Bamber (BSG), Alexis Denisof (Wesley from Angel and Buffy) as well as Summer Glau (Firefly) all slated for guest starring roles. Promo shots for Dollhouse are below. What do you think? I personally prefer the one on the right. More dark and twisty right? Is she inside or outside? Trapped or free? So many questions that I know Joss will not answer...... bastard.


Dollhouse is back on September 25th on Fox. At least they did something right and gave this show a second season. Unlike Firefly or Arrested Development. Oh and they are the nimrod's contemplating a Heathers TV show. Sigh.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment