Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Actors - The Next Generation?

Fresh off his model filled holiday in Ibiza, Leonardo DiCaprio has reported to work in Paris to begin filming scenes for the Christopher Nolan film - Inception. Details surrounding the movie seem to be a closely guarded secret...... all IMDb reveals is that a CEO type is involved in a blackmailing scandal and that it is "set within the architecture of the mind". Cryptic much? The teaser trailer that has been seen by a few fans and will apparently premiere during Inglourious Basterds this weekend is pretty general as well. The cast alone is sufficient to pique my interest though. Leo, Oscar Winner Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy, Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Ken Watanabe. Stellar cast no?

The images that have been filtering out over the last few days focus on Leo, Marion and Ellen. From the photos, I guess it is safe to assume that Leo and Marion are playing a couple. And is that not perfect casting? Couldn't you just die? Sigh.



The photos of Ellen and Leo are a little more telling to me. Especially the ones of the crash. Notice how Ellen doesn't flinch at all with all the debris flying at her. Interesting right? Is she perhaps a figment of Leo's imagination? Hmmmm Now I wanna see more!




The first images I saw of this film were of Leo and Ellen. I actually didn't know that Cotillard was in the film until a few days later. At first, I assumed that Page and Leo were going to be "together". I didn't think much of it until I remembered the 12 year age difference between the two. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with a 12 year age difference.
The point is that I realised that these two fine actors are pretty much a generation apart. And this gives me solace for the future of decent actors. With performers such as Ellen Page, Kristen Stewart, the kids of Harry Potter, Anton Yelchin and quite a few others out there, it gives me hope that the Disney twits, reality twats and Paris Hilton will not be ruling the entertainment industry in the years to come.
I loved Christopher Nolan's Memento, and of course he is the genius behind the two most recent Batman films. Inception is scheduled for release in July 2010.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment