Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fox TV had a Brain Tumour for Breakfast

I have said before, that I am incapable of picking my favourite movie. But if I had to pick my all time fave, I would be very hard pressed to look beyond Heathers. If not my favourite, it is most definitely one of my top five.

It was subversive, before making a subversive movie was considered cool. And before making a subversive black comedy became the mainstream in Hollyweird. Dark and twisty, but laugh your ass off funny. Shocking and amazing all at the same time. My favourite quotes from any movie come from Heathers. I will always have a special place in my cold, black heart for Winona and Christian - because of this movie.
Thankfully, over a month ago the rumours regarding a sequel were shot down in no uncertain terms by director Michael Lehman. Sadly however, Fox has just announced plans to develop a contemporary TV version of this cult classic. Sigh.


To those in development at Fox I say Why are you pulling my dick? Oh and also, WTF? Followed closely by, F*ck me gently with a chainsaw. Listen up kiddies, if you can't even say "F*ck me gently with a chainsaw" you should not be making this amazing movie into a TV show.

Why do TV executives insist on f*cking up good TV shows and movies. Reimaginings and reinventions are a tricky tricky thing and must be handled very very carefully. Look at "Kath & Kim". The Australian version is hysterical and amazing - Kylie Minogue guest-starred for f*cks sake. The US version was neither hysterical nor amazing. It barely rates a mildy amusing and meh! I will admit that some work (BSG comes to mind).
Fox will royally screw this up. We all know it. This will not be very. I feel it in my bones. No Lunchtime poll required. This is going to suck balls. And we will all get paid in puke as a result.
Many more quotes I could whip out, but I gotta motor if I wanna get ready for District 9 tonight.
Heathers the TV Show - Don't do it!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment