Monday, August 3, 2009

Music Monday - From my Keyboard to Your I-Pod

Truth be told, I thought I would run out of musical inspirations by now. But apparently not.

Last week was a great musical week for me. Not only did I get to see Ben Harper, Jervis Cocker and Metric at VirginFest, I was also lucky enough to be given kick ass seats at the Blink 182 concert. Also, I bought tickets to a couple of concerts that I am certain will be amazing..... Don't tell anyone, I am not supposed to be spending $$$.

First off is Paulo Nutini. He is a 22 year old Scottish singer songwriter, whose music has been featured on Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy and a few of the CSI's. I have been a fan for a few years, and can't recall when or where I first heard of him. But take a listen and try not to be blown away. And Vancity peeps, tickets are still available for his show at the Commodore in September. Maybe I will see you there?


Next concert on the docket is "The Monsters of Folk" on October 13th. Mike Mogis, Conor Oberst, M.Ward & Jim James. How amazing will that be? Thanks to my fabulous friend Nicole, we are 4th row centre for this bad boy. (Although I do have some 8th row right of the stage tix to sell at face value - let me know if you are interested). I have seen Conor and M. Ward before and they are fantastic. I do not know that much about Mike and Jim, but I have a few months to figure get up to speed on them. The amazingness of You-tube has found a few songs from a previous Monsters of Folk show. Enjoy!







I am super excited about this show. But it has meant that I have to move my trip to NYC and Boston.....Music is my boyfriend after all! The things I do for love.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment