Thursday, July 30, 2009

Katherine Heigl - Please Shut the F*ck Up!!

Oh Katherine Heigl. I remember when Grey's Anatomy started. I liked you. I liked the fact that you were not a size zero. I liked how you stood up for TR Knight during the whole Isaiah Washington situation (although you kept talking about it long after everyone else, including TR had moved on). I even liked your Vanity Fair interview.

Then you won an Emmy. And corrected the person who mispronounced your name. And came across as kind of snotty. Sigh.


Then the following year, in spite of the the fact that it was universally acknowledged that Grey's sucked ass that year, you released a f*cking statement to say that you were not submitting a reel for Emmy consideration that year:

“I am truly grateful for the honor that the Academy bestowed upon me last year. I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the Academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention. In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.”


Who the f*ck does that? In all my years of following Hollyweird, I have never heard anything along these lines. She also failed to mention that she had apparently asked to have a lighter storyline that season due to her flourishing movie career. And this year, when she had some really good material (cancer, seeing your dead boyfriend, confronting your own immortality etc), she did not even garner a nomination. To that I say..... Ha! Karma is a bitch, princess.

Heigl has a movie out at the moment. The Ugly Truth. I will not be seeing it. It looks completely lame and formulaic. And don't even try and give me that "there are vibrating panties in it" crap. I don't care that it is at a restaurant. Or that a small child has the remote control. And I really don't give a sh*t that she she fakes an orgasm in front of her nemesis/future soul mates parents/boss. That's is not hi-larious! Ugh. Meg Ryan has been there and done that and no-one will ever top it.


Anyways, Heigl went on Letterman last week to promote this theatrical masterpiece. When asked about her return to the set of Grey's Anatomy the words out of her mouth were: “It was – I’m going to keep saying this because I hope it embarrasses them – a 17-hour day, which I think is cruel and mean.” Sigh. No mention of the fact that the long work day was apparently to accommodate her very appearance on Letterman as well as other promotion for the movie.

She is coming across as the most ungrateful twit on TV at the moment. Regardless of what she may say, she is where she is because of Grey's Anatomy. And Katherine has repeatedly dissed the creator, producers, writers, show runners and pretty much anyone associated with the show. Who does she think she is? She is a mediocre TV actress who has had limited success in a few Romantic Comedies. She has yet to earn the right to be a Diva. Ugh. It is so disappointing. I used to find her refreshingly candid. Now I want to crawl into the TV and beat her with her Emmy. Below are some images of her had at work on the set.



Oh and of course she tried to claim that she was joking. Watch the clip. Tell me she's joking. She has been christened Princess Ass-Talk by another blogger. Nothing seems more fitting at the moment. You only need to listen to the first 2 minutes. God, can't they kill her off the show? She is clearly one of the most ungrateful and downright rude women to grace our TV screens right now. She doesn't seem to even want to be there? I am getting mad, so I am just gonna stop now.

Shut the F*ck up Katherine Heigl. How much do you get paid an episode? You make more money in one year than most people make in a lifetime. And they are millions of people in the world who work 17 hour days for a lot less than the $100,000 + per episode you make. If you don't like it, f*cking leave. Get a job at McDonalds, or Starbucks. See what the rest of us have to deal with on a daily basis. Ugh.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment