Saturday, July 18, 2009

OMG - Zac Efron is sleeping 4 blocks from me!

I am not going to regularly make mention of Zac Efron. Don't worry. I honestly don't care about him at all. He is just another over 20 year old Disney twit trying to break free. But there is a slightly amusing story related to his being here in Vancouver that I wanted to share.

I work with some young people. Some very young people. Kids who are so young, that when I am able to go to that dark place in my mind, I remind myself that I could conceivably be their mother. God, now I am depressed. Ugh. Anyways, I was chatting with one of them about Harry Potter (she went to a midnight show on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning) and was mentioning the photos I had seen of the kid who plays Neville Longbottom on a website and how he was kinda cute and had grown up a lot. I went to the site to show her and was skimming down, commenting on everything as I have a tendency to do.

I scrolled past the photos of Zac Efron at the Video Arcade he was snapped at in Vancouver this week (apparently many movie theatres in Vancity have Video Arcades - I had never noticed), made what I am sure was a hi-larious comment about him, and she actually screamed. "What - Zac Efron is here? OMG! OMG! OMG!" She was freaking out. It was equal parts adorable and hilarious. I don't think I have ever seen a Zac-attack in person before.


I can't wait to hear and see the response when I let her know what hotel I think he is staying at. My suspicion was unofficially confirmed by the small army of tween girls loitering at all entrances of one of the newer hotels in the city.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment