Monday, July 6, 2009

Music Monday.... From my Keyboard to your i-pod

I have pretty much had Regina Spektor on lather, rinse, repeat for the past week. Her new album is all kinds of amazingness. I would really like her to come back to Vancity. I did see her a few years ago at the Commodore and she was fantastic. But I have a much greater appreciation for her now so I think she should come back. Just for me. Because it is all about me. This is the specific song I have been totally and completely unable to get out of my head. "Dance Anthem of the 80's". I totally love it. But the whole album is total fabulosity.


I have 90% decided that I am gonna go down to Seattle for Bumbershoot over the Labour Day weekend (1st weekend in Spetember for anyone not from North America). 3 days of music and comedy and literary art. No camping required which is a big plus for me. Some of the acts include Black Eyed Peas, Jason Mraz, Modest Mouse, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Sheryl Crow, Franz Ferdinand, Eric Hutchinson, Swollen Members, Katy Perry, All American Rejects, Brett Dennen, David Cross (as a literary act, not singing.....duh!), S.E Hinton (author of The Outsiders - who strangely enough, is singing), some of the writers of Lost and many many many more. Since writing this, I am now 95% decided. Umm David Cross - hello!


I am very excited to see Eric Hutchinson in concert. I heard about him a few years ago from a celebrity gossip website I used to go to and have been a fan ever since (of Eric, not the site - I no longer go there cause he is a douche... I wonder who it could be). Hard to pick a favourite song. Many gems appear with a quick You-Tube search, but in order to not have the longest post ever, I have to pick just one! "OK, It's Alright With Me".



Brett Dennen is also fantastical. I saw him last year, again at the Commodore, and he was great. Fave song of his is really hard to pick.....Ain't No Reason is awesome & amazing. He has such a unique voice. Love love love!
Let me know what your fave tunes are at the moment. Music is my boyfriend and he never minds me cheating as long as he gets to listen in.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment