Saturday, July 4, 2009

Movie Madness - at 25% off!

Today was another quiet day for me. Enjoying the staycation, but not enjoying the Mother F'ing crows currently doing karaoke outside my window.

Spent a few hours in one of my favourite stores in the world - Charlies Music City on Granville @ Robson - looking for second hand copies of a number of movies that are on my list of movies I must own. Granville is a mess with the whole beautification hoopla going on (or perhaps it's Canada Line construction - maybe both) so everything in the store was 25% off. Oh Happy Day!

Highest on my list was Robert Altman's 1992 flick - The Player - which is one of my absolute favourite movies of all time. Sadly I could not find it, but I did stumble across Rush starring Jason Patric and Jennifer Jason Leigh. This is an amazing movie from 1991 about 2 undercover Narc's and has Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven. I sob like a little baby everytime I hear it in this movie. See Rush....... tell your friends. Also see The Player, one of the best inside Hollyweird movies you will ever see.


I also found a few CD's that I had wanted to add to my collection. For some reason, I have started to feel guilty about the downloading of music that I do. Especially for lesser known artists. I found two Leonna Naess CD's (which I had looked for at HMV, but they didn't have them) which make me very happy. Overall a productive trip outside in the world today!
I also bought the new Buffy comic, which I just remembered! Must go read it now. I am such a dork.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment