Wednesday, July 8, 2009

R-Pattz + wet = Wet Twi-hards

Us Weekly has release a few outtakes from what they state is Robert Pattinson's "hottest photo shoot ever". Hmmmm big claims, with the 12 million other other shoots young Mr Pattinson has done since he shot to uber stardom in Twilight.



These are a few outtakes from the Rolling Stone shoot done earlier this year. Taken in NYC by Theo Wenner, the images are an homage to My Own Private Idaho the 1991 Gus van Sant film starring River Phoenix & Keanu Reeves. I am fairly confident that few twi-hards would have seen this film. Prove me wrong! I miss River Phoenix. Not as a person, duh, cause I didn't know him. But his talent. He was a great great talent. He would have won an Oscar before his brother. Just saying.

The styling of the shoot almost makes me forgive that studded denim vest. Almost, but not quite. I am not a fan of denim on denim. Never was (in spite of any photos of me you may have seen in the 90's). Never will be.

Me likey this wet one though. Sigh. Apparently, Rob was "willing to try anything" and didn't complain at all, even when they threw a bucket of water on him. He is such an accommodating young man isn't he! Rumour has it he will be gracing the cover of Vanity Fair in November in the lead up to the press machine for New Moon. There are also stories circulating the interwebs that he will be venturing to Comicon in a few weeks "schedule permitting". If he is a smart cookie, he will blow it off and retreat somewhere far far away from the insanity his life has become. Last year in San Diego it was madness and the crazies have learnt a thing or two since then. They are highly organised now, with funding and t-shirts. Freaks.

I highly doubt Kristen Stewart will be there. It is totally not her scene and she admittedly is not good at pandering to the crazy fans. Imagine if they both didn't show. Twi-hards would lose their sh*t. I am only saying this as I will not be there. I was gonna go, but waited to long to get tickets and it is sold out. Yes, I am that much of a loser. In my defence, it was more than just teenage Vampires that were drawing me to Comicon - Joss Whedon, Lost, Joss Whedon, The Guild, Iron Man 2 and Joss Whedon. Joss is a God. I am currently working on my list of 10 best Buffy Episodes. I am having a little trouble with it, mainly because right now the list is sitting at 27. Crap.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment