Monday, July 27, 2009

Music Monday - From My Keyboard to your Ipod

In honour of Virgin Fest yesterday and the fact that my eternal musical love The Dave Matthews Band were on Letterman this evening, I am gonna go back a few years for this installment.

I am trying to narrow down the selection of Dave songs.... F*ck me, it is impossible. There are so many songs that i love and adore. But I will stick to the 2 songs I can listen to over and over again. Say Goodbye and Dancing Nancies. The Dave Matthews Band is the band I have seen the most live. 8 times so far I think. Love love love them.

True story (well not actually true, cause it is totally hypothetical). But if I had enough money to not have to work I would buy an RV and follow DMB around North America for a summer. Or two. Or forever. I have seen them two nights in a row and they have played a different set each night. Some overlap obviously, but so amazing. Saw them last September at Madison F*cking Square Garden. It was beyond fabulous. I am getting giddy just thinking about it!

I have seen Ben Harper 4 times. Love him hard. See earlier post about Virgin Fest. He played at the Orpheum here in Vancity about 2 years ago. The Orpheum is a gorgeous old theatre that is the prettiest venue outside of Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park. They were all dandified. Wearing suits and hats and looking all spiffy. It was awesome. Ben was in a vest and long shirt and looked so Hawt. He came out to the end of the stage with no microphone and sang pure and sweet. Fucking unbelievable. Then at Thunderbird Stadium years ago, her brought his son on stage and sat him on his lap for a few songs. So blonde and cute. I wish it had been me.

Balls. I could sit here all night picking favourite songs. these are probably not my absolute faves, but I am sleepy and need to make a decision. So I am going with one angsty fave and one happy fave. Enjoy!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment